Thursday, July 3, 2008

St. Thomas-Elgin Public Art Centre Features Beautiful Woman Project


"I found out that my daughter’s friend was saving money for breast implants. She was 13 years old! I knew I had to act."
Artist, Cheryl-Ann Webster
I had an opportunity to drop by the St. Thomas-Elgin Public Art Centre today where the "Beautiful Women Project" by Gananoque, Ontario, artist, Cheryl-Ann Webster, is currently on display. The decorated representations seemed to embody and reveal the model's personality and life story, each women 19 to 91 proud and strikingly beautiful in her own special way.
Webster describes the project as "a teaching and healing tool for women and girls, men and boys. The mission of the project is to raise awareness about the link between self-worth, self-identity and physical appearance. "
Tonight I would like to share with you a Youtube video about the "Beautiful Women Project"



See "Beautiful Women Project" Artist Cheryl Ann Webster website: