Thursday, April 2, 2009

Student Seeks Entry Position Urban Community Planning, Culture, Arts and Health

We recently heard from subscriber and student, Monica Dikkes. We are publishing her letter below. Monica is a student in the Professional Planning Program at the University of Waterloo. She is very interested in urban and community planning as well as heritage and culture and the links between arts and health. We would like to support this student in her ongoing job search. If you have an opening or know of any possible job prospects for Monica we would be pleased to hear from you. CM


To whom it may concern:

I am currently a fourth year Honours student in The University of Waterloo's Professional Planning Program. I am interested in a full time entry level position. My last year of schooling is scheduled so that I can start work immediately. I have experience in CAD work but I would like, if possible, to broaden my background and follow up with valuable practical experience in my chosen area of study. I am interested in all aspects of urban and community planning, especially heritage and facilitating community wellness, food systems sustainability and planning, cultural management and the link between art and health.

I am motivated to combine my passions, experience and education and apply my skills and knowledge to meet and exceed expectations. Along with my initiative and ability to function efficiently in a fast-paced environment, I strive to uphold the integrity and standards of the company for which I am employed. I am highly focused on meeting deadlines ahead of schedule with a keen eye for detail. I enjoy prioritizing my schedule of duties and believe these skills will enable me to succeed in the realm of junior planning and management. I thrive in team oriented surroundings and am motivated where there is room to learn and share creative experiences.

I look forward to hearing from you to set up an interview to further discuss a possible position.

Monica Dikkes

Send inquires for this applicant email to ccahte@cmclean.com